Touchscreen functionality is enabled by default if your Dell laptop has one. If you don’t need the touchscreen, you can disable it. This will help you save battery and free up storage space. Get to know 2 different options here Disable the touchscreen on Dell laptops on Windows 10 and Windows 11.
A touchscreen and Windows 10/11 are now standard on many laptops. This combines the best of both worlds by allowing you to use a touchscreen on a tablet and a keyboard and mouse on a laptop.
What you will learn in this guide:
Why Disable Touch Screen in Dell Laptops?
Although a touchscreen has its advantages, there are times when you just want to turn off the touchscreen in Dell laptops. Here are some example scenarios:
- Your laptop’s touchscreen has been damaged and is hampering your work.
- You want to increase the battery life of your computer.
- If you’re giving a presentation using Windows 10, it’s a good idea to turn off the touchscreen, as you might mess up your presentation by touching the wrong slide.
- PC is experiencing ghosting or ghost touching issues.
Method 1. Disable the Dell Touchscreen from Device Manager
To disable the Dell laptop’s touchscreen immediately but temporarily, you can disable the touchscreen device in Device Manager.
Note This method also applies to other touchscreen laptops.
Step 1. Hurry up Windows key + X then select device manager or right-click the Start menu button and then select device manager.
2nd step. Expand that Human user interfaces.
Step 3. Now right click on the HID compliant touch screen and select disable device.
step 4. To enable it again, right-click on it HID compliant touch screen and select Activate device.
Method 2. Disable Dell Touchscreen in Dell BIOS
Step 1. Restart your Dell laptop and then press the F2 Key to access the Dell BIOS.
2nd step. Navigate to advertisement menu, then rotate Touch screen.
step 3. Choose GO OUT and Yes to save changes.
step 4. How to reactivate it:
- Restart your Dell laptop and then press the F2 Key to access the Dell BIOS.
- Navigate to advertisement menu then Activate touch screen.
- Choose GO OUT and Yes to save changes.
That’s it. These are the 2 best methods to disable touch screen on Dell laptop in Windows 11 or Windows 10.
How to enable TPM 2.0 in BIOS on Dell laptops
How to disable backlit keyboard on DELL laptop Windows 10/11
How to check Dell laptop battery health in Windows 11 and 10